Senior Commercial Pricing Manager
- Date Added: 22 September
- Role: Permanent / Full Time
- Location: Melbourne
This is an excellent opportunity to join a top 100 ASX listed business enjoying a period of sustained, long term growth. On offer is an outstanding mentor, and the chance to build a significant career at a business that rewards high achievers with a pathway to senior leadership. The business has taken a lead in their market through a combination of organic growth and astute strategic acquisitions and turnarounds.
The company enjoys a nationwide footprint and provides a wide range of B2B services to varied sectors and business sizes. Joining a highly regarded commercial team, you will report to an impressive manager who has excelled in their career in this business and has a natural passion for promoting and developing others.
Working closely with the sales team and taking pricing responsibility for a major business unit, your key deliverables will include:
- Develop and apply disciplined analytics and pricing processes to optimise price positioning and revenue maximisation of the customer portfolio
- Balance price and service offerings to maximise revenue through an in-depth understanding of the customer base
- Deliver enhanced commercial outcomes from enterprise accounts and smaller customers alike, whilst optimising the business' risk profile
- Coach business unit leaders on value-based pricing principles
- Manage complex, large scale pricing initiatives across multiple customers
- Lead insights and direction on pricing strategies through first class market research, cost analysis, scenario planning, and market trends analysis
- Provide guidance and validations to the business unit leaders on budget setting
- Ensure complex data is captured and validated in a highly effective manner to best support pricing decision making processes
- Tertiary educated in a relevant discipline such as commerce, accounting, economics, or business studies and ideally with a qualification such as CA/CPA/CFA/CIMA
- A strong grasp of finance as applied to pricing and contracts, and heightened commercial acumen
- Excellent data, analytical and interpretive skills and the ability to work in a hands-on manner 'in the detail'
- An enhanced understanding of leading approaches to B2B pricing methodology
- Excellent attention to detail
- The proven ability to work in a fast-paced, high performance culture
- Heightened levels of drive, judgement and influence
In summary this is a fantastic opportunity to join the highly regarded commercial team in an ASX listed essential services business, where you will drive profitability and efficiency gains via a wide variety of clients. This role would suit a finance/accounting qualified professional with strong analytical, pricing and modeling skills who is keen to move to the next level in their career, alternatively a proven commercial pricing specialist with a drive to further build their pricing career.
For more information please contact Gavin McDonald on 0405 287133 or at email@example.comApply